10 Mar 2013

The Insect

I'm running through the fields, which is weird when you think about it because I can actually fly, but I feel as though when I do choose to fly that I will be ripped to pieces and eaten. No mercy. Although I do have six legs, are six legs better than two wings? They are up above, high, swooping around and they want their feast.
Run, fat boy run. I'm not even fat. I don't know what I am. I have a human head and the body of a Harvestman. But six legs. I don't know. It feels strange. Are harvestmen insects or spiders? I think they have eight legs but I know they like to kill spiders. I am the mortal enemy of the spider and I enjoy killing them, but times have changed, the spiders have new friends.

Falcons high above. Swooping around and diving menacingly. The field is green but the sky is black and snow is falling, gently, but I feel it will fill the ground soon. Still running. Giant balls of round blue, sticky, attractive, on the end of the branches of the tree. A spider opens its jaws and spits out another blue ball of death. It clambers back into the tree.

I have little hairy legs. I don't want to die like this, I love my field. Demons everywhere. Into the undergrowth I run. Little white teeth, evil eyes like black holes right in front of me. It's a mouse. Evil. He wants to eat me too. The Falcon swoops low, the mouse is now running with me. The field is muddy and I can't run. I close my eyes and the Falcon starts to eat me but then lets go, up into the black sky he soars. The mouse has ran into one of the blue balls on the tree. Spiders come out. The spiders trap the mouse and the Falcon goes to feast on the mouse. As I lay here the snow continues to fall and I slowly die, alone in the field, the field I grew up in, the field I thought was my playground. The death of an insect. The death of a mouse.


MB.

5 comments:

  1. You are an insect now? And you ran when you could have flown? No wonder your chitinous ass is dead. Seriously MB. My therapist will work you in if need be. All you gotta do is ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer my good friend! This was actually a dream I had last night. I hope you can indeed see all the EVE references for what they are? Dictors, Bubbles ... solo, gangs ... ECM above us ... the mud in the field to symbol the way I currently feel about EVE right now. The snow is the peace I think, the calm of playing. Running on the ground is the danger of going gate to gate. OH MY GOD I HAVE WEIRD DREAMS like that one time I dreamt I had a 4x4 driving in the snow but it was shaped like a Tengu.

      Delete
    2. Yes, indeed I noted the allegorical nature of your interesting depiction. You still need help!!

      Delete
  2. Was it a PVE Tengu you were driving boss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mate. It was an attack Tengu. I remember people looking funny at the missiles on my roof rack.

      Delete